Thursday, May 31, 2012

Take a Look Back...

I'm preparing some application materials for graduate school and had cause to look at my original teaching portfolio that I carried around to my many interviews in 2004 and 2005. I'm happy to say that as I perused both my professional philosophy and my application essay, I found the values and beliefs presented still hold true, as if I'd just written them last month.

I encourage you to take a bit of time as the school year ends to read through some of these original documents. They may contain your original ideals for teaching. They may inspire you to keep doing what you're doing and they may inspire you to change some things. Either way, the (oft-overly) reflective teacher in me encourages you to take a look back!

I've enclosed mine, if you're interested...

Enjoy this last day of May!

2004 Professional Philosophy
2004 Teacher Application Essay

No comments:

Post a Comment